Thursday, March 12, 2015

Day Dreaming


This afternoon I experienced a session of day dreaming. I pictured being back in Amsterdam. I was just there at Christmas time 2014.

Then I switched on the TV, and there was Rick Steves strolling through the Rijksmuseum and standing right in front of Rembrandt's Night Watch. 

On the sunny warm December Sunday that I was there, the tour guide informed us that Amsterdam has a population of 750,000 people. She said that the past 12 days had been cold & overcast, and the crowds on the streets made me think that the entire population was outside enjoying the wonderful weather. But wrong! At least 100,000 were in the Rijksmuseum.



I finally got close enough to actually see it.
Night Watch, Rembrandt 1642

No comments:

Post a Comment

A dialogue on the visual arts; what are your interests?