Monday, June 6, 2011

Image Transfer

Last night I pulled Image Transfer Workshop: mixed-media techniques for successful transfers off my art book shelf ( I should take a pic of that art book shelf). I have only scanned this book since I got it, but since mixed-media is my first love I was hoping to find some new ideas. I will not rate this book because I have not gotten into it to try enough of the techniques but I certainly does cover a number of methods for image transfer and many are totally new to me. In fact I have given thought on how to incorporate transfer techniques into my ceramic pieces.
The authors: Darlene Olivia McElroy & Sandra Duran Wilson have provided creative examples of using each technique. In 2009 I was in Santa Fe for the big summer art festival and talked to Darlene briefly at her booth, and I really like her work. I think it is the recognizable layers that intrigue me in her image transfer pieces. Check out their site for yourself: www.imagetransferworkshop.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A dialogue on the visual arts; what are your interests?