Monday, August 3, 2015

596


Countdown to 600th Post


As I was browsing my library shelves looking for just the book to give me inspiration for my latest prints, I stopped to notice the assortment of titles & subjects.
The book on Impressionism is from a 1988 show at the Nelson-Atkin Museum in Kansas City. My friends could barely drag my out of the galleries.
The Art of Joan Brown just fascinates me. I try not to look at it too often; I'm afraid I might copy her painting style.
Jeffery Camp's book Draw is a must for any artist. It is a book that is as much about seeing as it is about drawing.
I see a couple books on bookmaking. I have made a few to use as journals.
And a basic watercolor book. I usually start with watercolor on my mixed media pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A dialogue on the visual arts; what are your interests?