Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Dame Laura Knight

I discovered a self portrait by/of artist Laura Knight in a book of work by women artists that my sister gave me (sister Jayne is always finding an artistic gem to send me). It is a real treat and quite a surprise to discover wonderful work by women. Laura Knight was new to me, but the self portrait certainly revealed an artist who had been classically trained. She did paintings (oil & watercolor), prints, and ceramics, and even commented that maybe she tried too many different things. I have felt the same, but it's like I can't stop myself. Laura's estate maintains her website (wouldn't she be surprised); and I bet she'd be surprised by the prices her art is going for.
http://www.damelauraknight.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

A dialogue on the visual arts; what are your interests?