Thursday, May 5, 2011

Sister Wendy

Pic from the Encyclopedia Britannia



Anyone remember Sister Wendy ? During the 90's she led us on a grand art tour on PBS. I happened to come accross her book: My Favorite Things, and I am jealous of all the great art that she has experienced. From the National Gallery in London, to the Mauritshuis in the Hauge, to the Prado in Madrid, this lady has made the rounds to share her favorites with us. I actually think the title of the book should be These Are A Few of My Favorite Things, because of all she's seen she must have an ever growing list of favorites.



Can I agree with any of her picks? Yes! The Starry Night by Van Gogh. I saw it in Houston in 2006 when it was on loan from MOMA; what an emotional piece. But that is the only one I have seen with my own eyes. This woman has been to museums that I can one hope to visit.

1 comment:

  1. You are so right! There is nothing like seeing art in person. When I travel anywhere now, my main goal is to head to the local art museum. I saw the Van Gogh exhibit years ago when it came to L.A. It will stay with me forever :)

    ReplyDelete

A dialogue on the visual arts; what are your interests?