Sunday, May 8, 2011

Sacred Sunday

I have really hesitated on starting a feature called Sacred Sunday because I saw a danger that it might become only a display of stained glass windows (and I do have a lot of pics of stained glass). But after some thought I realized that sacred art takes many forms from many different beliefs. So I will do my best to make this a regular and interesting feature.

I found this lady at a flea market a few years ago and had to have her. My son said that he found her unsettling, but I love her. I wonder, did the person who spray painted her plaster body consider her a sacred object? She may not be the Queen of Heaven but she is the queen of my gallery where she sits in the picture window, and blesses the space.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A dialogue on the visual arts; what are your interests?