Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Yvonne Sangster

Once again a wonderful work by Yvonne was the hit of the OPSU Art Auction commanding the second highest bid of the evening. Of course Yvonne can always be counted on to produce fabulous work; her pastels sparkle, and notice the detail.
Here is the little darling that could capture any one's heart : The Little Pow Wow Princess. Yvonne shared with me how she was ready with her camera at the Taos Pow Wow. "For two days I sat in awe as the Native Americans danced past in full regalia giving inspiration for many pastel paintings. A precious little girl, so tiny that I could not believe she could walk, danced by with her mother. I knew at that moment I would have to capture her forever in pastel!"


Yvonne is an instructor at OPSU and this pic shows her at last spring's Art Jubilee demonstrating her skill to a group of perspective college art majors. And look what she's working on!

1 comment:

  1. Alex, it is wonderful that you have a picture of me starting "The Littlest Pow Wow Princess" during the Art Jubilee at OPSU! The students can see the finished work. Thank you for your kind words about my work!

    ReplyDelete

A dialogue on the visual arts; what are your interests?