Thursday, August 26, 2010

Journaling


Journaling, a subject dear to my heart. I practice it regularly and have taught classes on how to do it. I just got a new book on Visual Journaling which I may review later, and it gave me a few new ideas to add to what I already do. I have tried Art Journaling or Visual Journaling, but I still come back to mainly writing words. It's a way to keep track of my fascinating life.
The example above is something new I tried at the beginning of 2010, which comes about as close to Art Journaling that I've done. I had heard that Teesha Moore used painted pages with boarders, so I tried it. I painted a bunch of pages and then added the boarders of 1 in. strips of interesting stuff I found. But I produced mainly pages to write on; coordinating pen and paint color. That went on for about 3 mos. and then I was ready for a change. Teesha's pages are much more elaborate and truly wonderful, with collage and markers (check it out on Youtube). I don't know how she finds time to write in her journals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A dialogue on the visual arts; what are your interests?