Monday, August 9, 2010

Art Biz

Well Alyson Stanfield has done it again; she's given me a good word just when I needed it.
I tend to putz with my art. I blame it on my "day job", claiming I have no time. Well Alyson has some advise to help my problem. And it comes in the form of a question: If someone asked you, "What projects are you working on right now and why are you enthusiastic about them" would you have a great answer? I would have to say NO! I usually say, "O, I'm just doing a little of this and a little of that." I must do better than that. So True, start working on something, and then decide why this project is important.
So here goes! I have two projects going right now: 1.) I'm painting my first floorcloth. This is something I have wanted to do for years. I even had this design in my head for about 10 years; a Navajo inspired design. This will go under the kitchen table. 2.) I have started my first installation piece using fiber with the theme of coffee. It will have a place in a corner of the gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A dialogue on the visual arts; what are your interests?