Saturday, November 21, 2009

Gratification

Making art tends to be a lonely business. Each piece that an artist "creates" is a successful dialog between only the artist and the art material. Because of this, I love to find places to show my art. This gives me the opportunity to say, "Look here, see what I did." It doesn't matter to me if the responce to my art is approval, disapproval or indifference, at least I've gotten it out into the world to be seen. BUT, then there is the added dimension of sales. Making a sale gives me a terrific sense of gratification. Someone liked a specific piece of my work well enough to pay hard earned cash for it. And gratification is what I felt when one of my collages was sold at the miniature show opening on Wednesday evening. Here I am in a gallery full of well respected local artists, artists whose work I admire, and one of my pieces sells. Wow! I'm basking in the afterglow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A dialogue on the visual arts; what are your interests?