Saturday, July 13, 2019

Tomatoes


Friday I took a mini workshop led by artist Jim Buchan. We painted tomatoes in watercolor.
I use watercolor regularly in my mixed media pieces, but rarely do a complete painting. 
I quickly get in "the zone" when I do creative work, so it was an intense 4 hrs. for me.
I recorded the stages of the painting.

 Underpainting with the palette: Aureolin yellow, Scarlet Lake, Sap green, Cobalt blue, & a sprinkling of salt.
 Tomatoes 2
 Tomatoes 3
Tomatoes dry the next day on the easel.

One thing I do during a short class is attempt to make 2 paintings at once. I can experiment with ways of handling the paint to create different effects.
These paintings need more work to be complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A dialogue on the visual arts; what are your interests?