Sunday, November 29, 2015

Sacred Sunday

Advent, the church season of expectantly waiting.

" 'The days are coming,' declares the Lord, 'when I will fulfill the gracious promise I made to the house of Israel and the house of Judah.' "
" 'In those days and at the right time I will make a righteous Branch sprout from David's line; he will do what is just and right in the land.' " 
                                                                       Jeremiah 33:14-15

My friend Karla and I combined our talents to create this liturgical stole for Pastor Tari.
The color of the Advent season is purple/blue. I produced the design for the background fabric and Karla added the appliqued images & embellishment.



Here is pastor Tari looking very festive and pleased with her gift.
I produced the background fabric design using the clay printing method. Then the design was transferred onto fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A dialogue on the visual arts; what are your interests?