Sunday, July 19, 2015

The Art of the Quilt


A great way to spend part of a weekend is to visit a Quilt Show. The local quilt guild organizes one of these wonderfully creative events every two years.

The show includes venders with the latest quilting gadgets and scads of fabric, demonstrations, lectures, workshops, door prizes, and the best part, colorful & creative quilts.


Here is my friend Beth among a garden of Irises. Beth & I cemented our friendship back in 2003 when we worked on a quilt show committee in Broken Arrow. Neither of us are quilt makers, but we sure are quilt lovers.


A prize winning quilt & it's prize winning creator, Ethel.
Ethel is my neighbor and will celebrate her 90th birthday at the end of the month. I believe she must work on quilts everyday.

Why do I love quilts?
For me they are like fabric collages. Great combinations of color & patterns that make fabulous works of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A dialogue on the visual arts; what are your interests?