Thursday, January 2, 2014

Artistic Resolutions?

Well another new year, and as artists we all probably want to accomplish more in 2014.

But I find that resolutions don't work for me. Resolutions depend on resolve, and very quickly my resolve seems to evaporate and nothing changes.

I like to set goals. Goals require a plan and follow through. Goals are easy to track because you can check on how you are proceeding with your plan.

Example: I resolve to spend more time in the studio. Vague.
                My goal is to spend Tuesdays, Thursdays & Saturdays in the studio. Now each week I can                                             track how well I did.  
                Then when I get into the studio I can set a goal of what I will accomplish for that session.

Sounds like a great idea. I'll let you know how it works. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A dialogue on the visual arts; what are your interests?