Friday, July 1, 2011

Art Experience = 0

I've been doing some business traveling to places that I long to go to for the cultural stimulation. But alas, no time for culture. I drove past the Oklahoma City Bombing Memorial which is close to the OKC Museum of Art; but it was too late to see the Amy Blakemore photography exhibit. Then on my way to an appointment I drove past the Paseo Art District; Paseo is always a treat, and I would have loved to have seen the small works exhibit at the In Your Eye Gallery. I drove past the Fair Grounds, the home of the City Arts Center and wished I had time to stop for the exhibit of British photographer Tessa Traeger. And while driving through Bricktown which is so close to the Untitled Gallery, I thought about Lynn Stern's B & W abstract photo exhiibit. Opportunities missed. I didn't even take my camera out of the case. And now that I'm home, I haven't found time to get to the ceramics lab. My life is flying by and I'm missing the art!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A dialogue on the visual arts; what are your interests?