Thursday, January 20, 2011

Reminiscing


My friend Marilyn and I were traveling with a group in May 2007. This is one of those stories: a funny thing happened on the way to Italy. We ended up in Chicago for a day and a half, and I was determined to get to the Art Institute of Chicago to see a particular painting that I had wanted to see for 20 years. Well, the hotel they put us in was only two blocks away, and Marilyn was willing to join me. The painting: Paris Street, Rainy Day by Gustave Caillebotte greeted us in the Impressionist gallery. And it was just as grand as I expected. A larger than life painting. Doesn't it look like the couple will walk right out of the painting?

Marilyn just sent me a reference book on the Art Institute of Chicago and it brought back all those warm and fuzzy feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A dialogue on the visual arts; what are your interests?