Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Bless the Baker




Liberal, KS is the home of Baker Art Center. I stop in every time I am in town. This small art center is located in the former home of Irene Dillon Baker. I say small art center but plenty on room for display, library, store, & classroom. Recently the center was having a house cleaning sale. Getting rid of pieces from the permanent collection. I arrived in time to get several great pieces to add to my decor. Mrs. Baker had a love for art. She tried her hand at several different media, and the art center had maintained a large collection of her work.


I bought these two big pieces because a had a place for each. I had to wait a while to get them home. I needed a friend with a truck.
The colored piece is titled: It Is, It Isn't, and it is the focal point of the living room. The B&W hinged screen is titled: Study for Space Tension. The Screen separates the gallery from the living room. What do you think? Are they "dated" or "retro"?

No comments:

Post a Comment

A dialogue on the visual arts; what are your interests?