Monday, February 8, 2010

Junkie

That's art supply junkie! I'm always looking for some new paint, marker, glue, paper, etc to try along with the mixed media techniques that I already use. The latest thing I've discovered is watercolor in stick form.

I'm on the email list for Daniel Smith art supplies out to Seattle, Wa. www.danielsmith.com, and I got notice of this product on sale. A new one to me! Immediately ideas started marching through my brain of how I could incorporate them into my work; and maybe using them in my figure drawing class and then applying a wash over the top for some interesting effects, then I could collage shapes around the form and fill in with some acrylic... Oh forgive me, I was having a creative moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A dialogue on the visual arts; what are your interests?